Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Friendship day

It was a sudden decision to visit the blind school hostel this Sunday. I bought a lot of friendship bands to the children in the school as well as to my friends. My students, my colleagues, friends, and I went to the hostel. As we entered the hostel, I & Eye volunteers are interacting with the pupils; have organized a general knowledge quiz competition. I was really happy to see I & Eye volunteers; they come almost every Sunday and organize some quizes or games or teach computers. That's a great job indeed!

I was shocked to see the pupils knowledge in computers, they know most of the parts like mother board, graphic board, UPS etc. Thanks to Mr.Kiran of I & Eye who working hard to the welfare of these kids.


Then I entered the hall, one of the student recognised me, and telling that, I'm a teacher who lives in Secunderabad. I was stun to listen that.
It was almost the lunch time for them, so, without making them bored, I conducted a small word game, to know their English vocabulary. Amazing! everyone are excellent to their level in English, though Telugu medium.


We all tied the friendship bands and distributed the sweets...:)

Srikanth, my student, tying frnship band to Anjaneyulu. He is the one who recognized me...:)
Padma, tying frndshp band to Venkatesh. He is studying in 10th standard.
They all liked the bands. We interacted with them personally and shared their lunch also.
Seenu, most mischievous child in the hostel, he plays tricks to gain more sweets from us.
Sateesh distributing sweets to all the kids.
Sateesh loved to spend with the children...
Padma kumar in the middle with Anjanelu and a tenth student(don't know his name)
Overall, it was wonderful experience. And I hope I will go and celebrate every friendship day with these kids.
Then we all hangedout at Salarjung museum.
And this is my multi colored frnshp band tied by my beloved buddy, my cousin bro Lavi...It's so cute...:)

2 comments:

  1. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/parties/others/Friendship-with-a-cause/articleshow/9562870.cms

    ReplyDelete