Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bonalu Festival

One of the most important festival in our habitat is Bonalu festival.


Goddesses procession called “Ghatam” will start 15 days before the festival. Ghatam will be carried on the head by a person, he wears traditional outfit with all turmeric applied to the body. We offer flowers, paddy to the Ghatam



Last day 15th day we celebrate Bonalu. "Bonam" means rice cooked in a new pot and offer it to the goddesses.

People wear traditional wear on this day, sarees and half sarees...

That's me... I wore my favourite half saree; I was carrying water with neem leaves to offer the goddesses.
Thanks to the rain god, as it did not rain whole day, prior every day it was raining...



At night I & Basha went to the Mahankali temple, there was huge crowd, taking a procession; We enjoyed watching all those...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment