Thursday, February 21, 2013

BEACH

It was my long time and short term goal to see a BEACH! Planned a couple of times to visit some sea shores in the state. But couldn't make it. We girls in India are not allowed to go alone far off places, eventhough we are in a position to handle. When I got to chat with a friend of mine in the USA, he asked me a question, what do I do in the free time. I simply said, sit at home reading books and watching television. "Oh! why don't you go on a world tour, we Americans just need a horse and onions to go on a world tour!" Unfortunately, we girls of this country are hardly allowed to go out of the district border.

Finally, I have seen beach with a wedding invitation! It was my colleague's wedding in Guntur district.  Seeking permission from Indian parents is not an easy task... Mom's questions list: "How many girls are going to the trip? Where do you stay? Where do you eat? When do you return? What is the budget?"
Orders/suggestions: "Wear only chudidhars. Do not get into the water, see the beach from far distance. Call me every one hour, also pick my call, don't ignore.  Eat on time. Don't waste money buying unwanted stuff...blah blah...!"

Here I'm portraying a mother from typical Indian middle-class. She wants safety of her daughter, as we are living in a country where girls are blamed for - wearing western costumes, going out after 9pm, talking with boys, falling in love, getting physically abused etc.


Touching sea water for the first time!

 Though short period of time, I enjoyed to the fullest in the waters of Bay of Bengal. I become crazy seeing water! In the last life I must be a marine animal :P
welcoming waves!

awesome climate, with moderate waves!




I was amazed to see the age old transport rickshaw, and has it's demand pretty well.

How can one miss chance to ride in the rickshaw!


cute pupils pushing the rickshaw which I'm riding in!

giving pose for the snap sitting in the rickshaw :)

Spotted few teenagers in the wedding hall. They are school dropouts, joined as cleaners under caterers. When I asked why did they stop going school, they said that school education was not interesting. I suggested them to set up a business by taking loans from SHG!
 What is the use of spending millions of budget in education when it is failing to attract majority of the society. It's our misfortune for making school education boring and stereo type; until or unless we change the system of education we see girls like this in every corner of the street.


clicked with my phone while driving.
A big Hanuman statue on the way from Vijayawada to Hyderabad.

The cloudy morning!

fields and palm trees...

bliss! 



No comments:

Post a Comment